THE EVOLUTION OF PAINTING: Daniel Garber and Arthur B. Carles, Impressionism versus Modernism in Philadelphia
Time & Location
About the Event
Beginning January 6, Paul explores the world of Philadelphia painting in the first half of the 20th century by focusing on the paintings of Daniel Garber and Arthur B. Carles.
Garber was a Pennsylvania Impressionist and Carles was one of the first important artists in America to explore Modernism through abstract painting. Both artists attended the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts. Both artists studied in Paris. They were in many ways similar and fundamentally opposed! It’s a fascinating story of one artistic revolution being replaced by another. Paul will copy paintings by both Garber and Carles in order to understand their aesthetic intentions and rivalry.
You may purchase:
- THE COMPLETE 12-SESSION SERIES for $120
- A PARTIAL 6-SESSION SERIES for $60 (You will be permitted to chose which sessions you attend)
- A SINGLE SESSION for $10 (You will be permitted to chose which session you attend)
PAYMENT IS ACCEPTED via PayPal, Venmo, or personal check.
Sessions will take place on the following days from 10 am-noon, each Wednesday.
- January 6, 2021
- January 13, 2021
- January 20, 2020
- January 27, 2021
- February 3, 2021
- February 10, 2021
- February 17, 2021
- February 24, 2021
- March 3, 2021
- March 10, 2021
- March 17, 2021
- March 24, 2021
- Complete 12-Session Class$120+$3 Service fee$120+$3 Service fee0$0
- A Partial 6-Session Series$60+$1.50 Service fee$60+$1.50 Service fee0$0
- A Single Session$10+$0.25 Service fee$10+$0.25 Service fee0$0